PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Duck wing flap

Bill Dix
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
From Chincoteague a week or so ago. Whether due to SS or Aperture (or probably both), I failed to get his wings sharp (but at least it shows movement :)). C&C appreciated.

D90 | 500VR | ISO 500 | 1/1600s @ f/7.1 | -0.7 EV | monopod

denise ippolito
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Bill, Nice action captured. I wish the duck were angled a bit more towards us. I usually prefer a bit more room at the top than the bottom. I like the sharp details and the clear bill. I noticed you were at Lake Como recently. PM me next time you go. I live very close to there.:)

Bill Dix
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Bill, Nice action captured. I wish the duck were angled a bit more towards us. I usually prefer a bit more room at the top than the bottom. I like the sharp details and the clear bill. I noticed you were at Lake Como recently. PM me next time you go. I live very close to there.:)

Thanks Denise. I did have some more room at the top; probably cropped this a little too tight. I didn't think I'd get past the HAP on this one. I'll let you know next time I head to the North Shore. Edit: After going back to look at the RAW file, I didn't have room at the top; cropped just a little off the bottom.

denise ippolito
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
It's not too tight just was a thought.:)

Peter Farrell
12-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi Bill, I like the action pose and the light. Great details on the body, maybe a little too much blur on the wing tips as you noted. I am not a 'purest' on HA; you got the eye and thats what counts.
Peter