PDA

View Full Version : Slice of the Great Colorado. RESUBMITTED: Thank you for your induldgence.

Rob Miner
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Camera Model: NIKON D2Xs
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Shutter speed: 1/320 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 100
Lens: 12 to 24mm
Focal length: 12mm
Focal length: 18mm (in 35mm film)
Image size: 4288 x 2848
White balance: Auto
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Low
Contrast: Low
Color profile: ProPhoto RGB

The resubmission was do to a failure with my monitor. Critiques and comments appreciated.

Rob..............

Dave Mills
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Rob, My previous comments still apply but the difference is the color has been brought up and possibly some contrast since the image doesn't look as flat. I feel it's an improvement over the OP.

Nick Palmieri
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Rob, This is certainly a difficult place to capture. I like your composition and the way the framing trees mimic the "U" curve in the rock. A few suggestions I would have for shooting something like this...I would start at f/16 or larger to be ensure sharpness throughout the image. Given the light situation you would still have plenty of speed for HH. I would include the entire tree on the right as some branches are just clipped...you could also just clone those branches out to make it appear that the entire tree is included (easy fix). Since you have some blue sky, if possible, I would have waited a few minutes in hope of getting some more blue to add additional interest to the sky. TFS