PDA

View Full Version : Young Caribou (Rangifer tarandus)

borisbelchev_bspb
03-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I made this picture last summer in National Park Denali, Alaska. I use my brand new Rebel Xti with Canon EF 300mm f4L IS USM from hand and here some more info:
Model - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
ISOSpeedRatings - 400
DateTimeOriginal - 2007:08:13 18:58:08
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/2000 seconds
ApertureValue - F 4.00
ExposureBiasValue - 0.00
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
FocalLength - 300 mm
I am novice in wildlife photography, i have more experience only with avian photography, so i really like to receive some critiques and comments about my images, Best Regards, Boris Belchev

Robert O'Toole
03-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Nice image overall.

The only things that would improve it would be to give the animals foot just a little more room, having so close to the edge isnt the best. Also I wish the BG was more uniform, that tree with what looks like OOF oranges is a little distracting. Multiplying the white tail patch to tone it down would be good.

Robert

D. Robert Franz
03-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice image, you had some fine light to work with. Shooting the lens wide open here was good since it helped blur out your BG whcih could have been a problem. I would liked to have seen a bit more room on the bottom of the frame That would have placed the eye of the caribou on the upper right Power point which would have strengthened the composistion...