PDA

View Full Version : Leaf

Dave Leroy
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I took this one a couple days ago on a nice cool day and walk through the forest.

50D, 70/200mm f4 at 169mm, f4, 1/1600, Av -1 2/3, ISO400.

I am surprised I did not have another at f5.6. I think the left side of leaf needed a bit more.

Nothing done much done to tone down the bg or brighten up the leaf. Cloned out a small branch and smeared a few of the brighter spots in bg.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey Dave,
I really like the light on this. For my tastes.....there is too much room on the left....so I would opt for a tighter all around vert crop.....making that leaf the star attraction even more! You may also consider smoothing out the BG just a touch more....but overall....nicely done!

Ken Childs
12-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Well spotted, well captured!
In addition to what Roman mentioned, you might consider some selective sharpening on the upper-left part of the leaf....it looks a bit soft to me. A few simple editing tweaks will easily bump this up a notch or 2. :)

Steve Maxson
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi Dave. I like the way the light is striking the leaf - bringing out texture and detail. The leaf stands out nicely from the darker background and the water droplets are a plus. I would agree with Roman's suggestion about the crop and Ken's suggested tweak would also be an improvement. :)

kostas nianiopoulos
12-09-2010, 09:26 AM
verry good light here Dave , and the colour are warm i love it well done !!!

Mike Fuhr
12-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I like the backlighting on this one too. I thought the same thing -- might try the vertical crop to focus on the nice subject.