PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet Minivet Male

RAM MALLYA
12-06-2010, 05:22 AM
One of my favorite birds finally got a shot of this bird on a good perch . But the angle could have been better so is the HA .

Shutter speed 1/640
Aperture F/4
ISO 400
Lens 600MM L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N
Tripod mounted

C&C welcome

Randy Stout
12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Ram:

A colorful fellow indeed. Agree about your self critique on shooting angle, fairly steep.
The dark blob of foilage behind the bird, intersecting with his body is also a bit distracting.
Tough to control in dense vegetation of course. If he was sitting for a while, you might have been able to move a bit to your left to get him against the clean sky.

Nice balance on the exposure between oranges and blacks, with good detail in both.

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Very pretty bird; you got good detail in both the blacks and the oranges. Angle is a bit steep, and it'd be nice if the BG were a little more uniform.

Greg Basco
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi, Ram. You already mentioned the steep shooting angle but great job on the exposure and sharpness for this really beautiful bird.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Mital Patel
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
ram i must say you have done really well with the bird specially on expo. i know its really difficult here to grab images of minivet but seeing this i think you can soon get them on lower perch as well. keep your goal set for this :)

Stu Bowie
12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Good job on the exposure, and I like the orange on the bird. Pity about the angle, but sometimes we have to take what there is.