PDA

View Full Version : Love is in the air

Lorant Voros
12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Black backed Jackal couples can stay together until one of them dies. Love and respect these little animals. Cropped and a twig got removed from the lower right corner. Comments are welcome.

7D
100-400mm
ISO400
f:8
1/640

Ken Watkins
12-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Lorant,

Very nice indeed, bit of pesky grass across mouth could be "removed", if you do not mind doing this.

Jackals are unfortunately a much maligned animal, but I love them, have you ever seen the pups CUTE is not a good enough word.

Stu Bowie
12-05-2010, 04:19 AM
Good 'action' captured Lorant, and not something most of us will see in the wild. I like the interaction between the two.

Deborah Harrison
12-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Great capture, I like the way you caught them both with their mouths open. I'm not bothered by the grass across the mouth, nature is far from 'perfect'.
Thanks for sharing

Rachel Hollander
12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks like a duet in more ways than one. Nice capture.

TFS,
Rachel

Todd Frost
12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Caught in the moment well. Exposed well with good sharpness. Stray grasses not really a problem, if any I would remove the one in the mouth. Well done.
TFS
Todd

Morkel Erasmus
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
nice moment here Lorant! these guys are quirky characters and always up to mischief - makes for good photography :)

colours seem a bit dull - what time of day is this? I would boost midtone contrast and saturation a bit?

Lorant Voros
12-06-2010, 05:27 AM
nice moment here Lorant! these guys are quirky characters and always up to mischief - makes for good photography :)

colours seem a bit dull - what time of day is this? I would boost midtone contrast and saturation a bit?

Thanks for all the comments.

Morkel, it was in the morning, but not too close to sunrise. You know how it is with the African sun; you don't have to wait too long to get some harsh light. I will try adjusting the contrast and the saturation. Cheers.

Lorant

Lorant Voros
12-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Lorant,

Very nice indeed, bit of pesky grass across mouth could be "removed", if you do not mind doing this.

Jackals are unfortunately a much maligned animal, but I love them, have you ever seen the pups CUTE is not a good enough word.

Ken, I heard many stories from the locals in Namibia. They all try to kill the jackal, but this little beast is very clever and it is not an easy job. I just have more respect for them and it was always a nice day when I could see some of them passing by. Finding out about their fidelity makes them even more special to me :-).

Harshad Barve
12-07-2010, 03:38 AM
This is super shot and lovely POV too
TFS

DanWalters
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Great shot! Really like the interaction!