PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch collage

Steve Deam
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
This guy stuck around long enough to get several poses. I thought a few of the poses make kind of a nice collage.

Canon 7D, 600mm
ISO 640, 1/800 @ F9

denise ippolito
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Nice triptych. I like the winter scene look to this very much. From the image sizes it looks like you got nice details on all three birds. I do wish for a better head angle on the center image. I may have flipped the last image horizontally to make it more a part of the total image presented-if that makes sense.:)

pat lillich
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
love these - the birds are beautiful, elegant colors and wonderful snow in the air!

Steve Deam
12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'm one of the newbies, so the comments are always extremely helpful. I wished for a better HA on the center shot too.

Based on Denise's comments I replaced the right bird with a different shot and flipped it. I agree it works better that way.

Here's a repost with those changes...

denise ippolito
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I like it better!:)

Julie Kenward
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Steve, that was a great repost! Yes, the middle image would typically be your strongest HA image so think about that the next time you do one of these. Lovely exposures on the tryptic and a lovely bird to boot! I also like that the middle image has a darker BG - it helps to keep my eye focused there instead of wandering outside the frames on the ends. Nice work!

Randy Stout
12-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Steve:

I really like the concept, and was also struck by the need to flip the right image. Moving along that vein, I would also consider rotating the center image so it was more vertical. Might further strengthen the formal symmetry feel.

Fun!

Cheers

Randy

Steve Deam
12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Steve:

I really like the concept, and was also struck by the need to flip the right image. Moving along that vein, I would also consider rotating the center image so it was more vertical. Might further strengthen the formal symmetry feel.

Fun!

Cheers

Randy

Randy, great suggestion. I'll do that tonight when I get home and repost.

Steve Deam
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Here's a repost per Randy's suggestion... I like it, but now wonder if the angle of the bird in the center and right shots is too similar?

Steve Deam
12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Or.... What about this version? A touch of color, but now the center gradation is quite a bit different than the other two... Top view of bird?? Better? Not?