PDA

View Full Version : Shag

pietipeppie
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Picture taken in the Norway, april 2010. Island of the Hornoya. Spent 3 days in the Hornoya and was great experience.

Canon 1D mark IV
F5,6
1/1250secs
500mm
ISO 400
-0,3EV
Hand hold

ppie

Randy Stout
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Good sense of action here, with flying water, blurred wing tips and angle in frame.
He looks sharp and well exposed.
I find the bright specular highlights a bit distracting.
Might wish for a more open or closed wing position so more detail could be seen, esp. of the near wing.

There is a shadow on the neck and shoulder caused by the light angle.
The bird is angling away from us a bit. In general images are more engaging if the bird is angling towards us.

Hope to see more from your trip!
Thanks for you membership support, and please feel free to comment on other folks images. That really helps build our community.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Good action between the flapping wings and flying water drops. Exposure as good as you could get it considering the light, I like the reflective nature of the plumage. Adding to Randy's comments I would also prefer a less cramped composition. I'm wondering what caused such big highlights in the BG?

pietipeppie
12-04-2010, 04:53 PM
BG, hundreds or perhaps thousands of puffins and also nothern lights.

I agree that composition could be better, but this was best situation this time. Later coming maybe better...

ppie

Good action between the flapping wings and flying water drops. Exposure as good as you could get it considering the light, I like the reflective nature of the plumage. Adding to Randy's comments I would also prefer a less cramped composition. I'm wondering what caused such big highlights in the BG?

Daniel Cadieux
12-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks, I figured those were not mere specular highlights...:)

tiziano cei
12-07-2010, 02:22 PM
nice shot with a good backgroud

http://www.lilacwine.it