AF-S NIKKOR 300mmf/4D IF-ED+NIKKOR AF-S TC-14E II
Exposure
Aperture: F/5.6
Shutter Speed:1/2500s
Exposure Mode:Shutter Priority
ISO Sensitivity:Auto (ISO 800)

Doug Brown
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Welcome to BPN Sameer! I like the outstretched body and the water droplets. The sun angle didn't do you any favors here, although the eye is illuminated pretty well. I try to position myself between the sun and the bird most of the time. Sharpness is pretty good, but seems to fall off a bit on the head and neck. The two horizontal strips of water make me want to see the 'horizon' a little more level with some CW rotation. Look forward to seeing more of your image posts.

denise ippolito
12-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome to BPN Sameer, Nice first post. I like the light coming through the wing. The water drops show the action captured nicely. I think the BG lines make the image seem crooked. I also think that I would tone them down a little so they don't grab your eye.:)

Randy Stout
12-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Sameer:

Let me extend a big welcome to BPN as well.
Good comments from Doug, he has covered the main points.
The stronger/harsher the light, the more critical the sun angle becomes in order to prevent harsh shadows.
Over your shoulder is a good goal in bright light.

This is why we try to shoot early or late in the day, or with high clouds, to get that soft light.

Cheers, and look forward to more.

Randy

Tony Whitehead
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome to BPN, Sameer. Good advice given above. I like the BG which shows the bird off well while giving a nice impression of habitat too. Good sharp focus.

Robert Amoruso
12-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Welcome Sameer,

All good comments above. Try to anticipate the action and be ready for the bird to do it's thing. In this case, your image is made a bit after the bird has passed your position. Try to make the image as the bird approaches.

Looking forward to more.