PDA

View Full Version : Another leaf on a pond...

Mike Fuhr
12-03-2010, 07:38 AM
A slightly different take on a leaf in a pond. As I said in a post about one of Ken's shots, I love to find interesting leaves during this time of year, especially when they are floating on a nearby pond...

D300
100-300 F/4
F6.3
1/250
ISO 350
Tripod mounted

Steve Maxson
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Mike. This image has a nice feel to it. The long, narrow leaf works well here with the pano crop. I like the diagonal comp, the way the light falls on the leaf is interesting, the water droplets on the leaf are a plus, and I like the dark -but not black - background with just a hint of detail in it. The multi-colored area below the leaf is drawing my eye and doesn't seem to fit with the simplicity and mood of the rest of the image - I would suggest cloning that area. Overall, well done.

Jay Sheinfield
12-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Agree with Steve on lower area..............love the line in the leaf, a nice gentle elongated S-curve.

Ken Childs
12-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi Mike, I like the diagonal flow this image has and the dew is a nice bonus. As it is now, it seems too centered for my tastes so adding some canvas on the bottom might help. There is some nice detail hiding in the bright areas of the leaf so toning those areas down a bit should bring that out and I agree with Steve that the light area need the bottom is distracting and should be toned down. It's a different take and a nice one at that! Keep 'em coming! :)

Anita Bower
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Lovely leaf shape and texture. I would like the light on the leaf to be evened out a bit--the lights a bit darker and the dark areas to be lightened to bring out detail. I don't mind the tight crop, in fact I would crop a bit off top and bottom. Nicely seen and captured.

Roman Kurywczak
12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey Mike,
Can't add much to the above comments....but the light in this is a nice take on the subject. My personal ideas are similar to Steve's......so worth exploring IMO.