PDA

View Full Version : Theme Gotcha!!

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
40D. 400 f5.6L at f/7.1.iso 320. 1/400s. exp. comp. +1 1/3 over evulative metering. overcast conditions.

I saw this greenie going for the kill. I dropped down at the spot where I was but before I could get my gear in position, he had already caught the fish. I got this and the gulp-down.

I realised that distracting OOF vegetation in the LRC, moved to my left, turned on fill-flash and made a few shots that I had posted earlier. for new folks, here they are:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?66006-Concentration&highlight=

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?71196-Bird-in-habitat-Green-heron&highlight=

I wished he would strike again but the fishes got smarter I guess :-)

Stu Bowie
12-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Seems like you were in the water Kaus - great perspective here. Good DOF, and I like the detail and colours. I also like the surrounding Duckweed. This seems like you were pretty close. Great capture.

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Nice intimate view of this hunter you got...love the low angle perspective. Exposure and details look spot on. Only that OOF thing in LRC is a pity (I'm sure you would have moved even further left if you could), but overall real nice!

Indranil Sircar
12-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Another nice one Kaustubh. Killer low angle perspective... excellent details and exposure.

Morkel Erasmus
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
killer shot in more ways than literally ;)
love the low angle, crisp details and action here

Bill Dix
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Great action shot, details, exposure and low angle. I particularly like the way the bird is located within the green band of the background.

Arthur Morris
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I love the salad and the fish. Sharp with a perfect EXP. The angle of the head--pretty much square to the camera--is acceptable but it looks as if the bird's head is rotated slightly away from us..... I also like the low perspective and the visible foot.

Joerg Rockenberger
12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
What a great image. The low angle, sharpness and composition make this a winner. Though I think that the exposure could be a bit brighter...

More importantly, I can't see an image of a Green Heron or scum covered pond - or encounter one in real -and not think of the late Dave Philipps. He and his images are sorely missed.

JR

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
What a great image. The low angle, sharpness and composition make this a winner. Though I think that the exposure could be a bit brighter...

More importantly, I can't see an image of a Green Heron or scum covered pond - or encounter one in real -and not think of the late Dave Philipps. He and his images are sorely missed.

JR

Thx Joerg. I agree that the exposure could be a bit brighter. colors probably can go a little warm too, I think. And yes, on missing Dave Phillips.

James Salywoda
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Awesome Shot! Nice posture captured by the Heron as it prepares to eat its snack your angle on the shot was perfect.

denise ippolito
12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Kaustubh, Beautiful sharp details and I like the pose and the catch! Well done.:)

Chris van Rooyen
12-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Great angle and OOF background! Posture also really nice, not mention the fish:)