Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 400mm
Av mode
1/500"
F13
ISO:400
HH
LR and CS3

Cleaned up and used a small dose of surface blur on the water, cropped. This is pretty much how it looked....the blur didn't do any major change to those reflections.

Anita Bower
12-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Gorgeous colors and simplicity. The dark streaks in the water are just right. Only problem is that they dominate the scene, pulling me away from the leaf. I'm enjoying your leaf on pond series.

Steve Maxson
12-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Ken. Another cool looking leaf! Anita makes an interesting point. I was thinking that the small brown streak just to the right of the leaf was drawing my eye. I wonder if toning down the browns a little would help - or maybe it would destroy the whole effect of the reflections? :) Our water up here has turned solid and it won't be long before people are driving their cars on it. :D

Jay Sheinfield
12-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Ken,

Agree with the comments already made. You gotta love the stem on the and with the arch in the vein it looks animated. Very cool!

Ken Childs
12-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I really need to go back and shoot the water after all those darn leaves are out of the way! :)

Julie Kenward
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Beautiful water image, Ken! I think this would be stronger with the leaf more to the left side floating into the image instead of out of it. Lovely water and reflections...and nice DOF on the leaf. That reflection is killer!

Roman Kurywczak
12-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey Ken,
Still in Arches doing night stuff.......so late to the party. While I agree with the above suggestions.....I want to give you something to try out......just crop off the top 2 bownish areas (small one right and larger left) just below the lighter blue band they are in.......and patch/clone/paint in with the lighter blue..... the cut brownish area on the right......for me this flows better and makes the comp stronger. Just something to explore and I think those tweaks will make this one shine!