PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret Portrait

Mike Godwin
03-16-2008, 01:59 AM
http://gatorland.com/blogs/rookery/files/2008/03/31508_5.jpg
Nikon D200 w/ Sigma 170-500 @ 400 ISO

Taken Saturday morning 3/15/08 at Gatorland. This is one of a pair of the most beautiful Great Egrets I have ever seen, taken from a slightly different perspective. Hope you like it!

Mike Godwin
Gatorland

Arthur Morris
03-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Hi Mike, Welcome. This one is a a stunner. Love the lores and the eyes. Are you not the owner or the CEO of Gatorland? Later and love, artie

geothomas
03-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Mike, great meeting you Saturday. This one is outstanding. I agree, those were two of the most beautiful Great Egrets ever seen. Look forward to seeing you there quite a bit in the next couple of months.

Gayle Clement
03-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I love the color of the lores and that grumpy look.

Mike Godwin
03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Hello Artie and thanks for the welcome. Gatorland is a family business, started by my grandfather back in 1949. I am one of the owners, as it is still owned by the family... my brother-in-law Mark McHugh is our CEO. My goal is to let everyone know of the fantastic natural display of Florida wildlife found within Gatorland's 10 acre Breeding Marsh & Bird Sanctuary, and to create programs that allow everyone to share in the beauty and wonder of a vanishing "wild" Florida. As an amateur photographer, I can understand the frustrations some of you have had with our past access policies, and I hope that our new Photo Pass and "Dawn to Dusk" access will alleviate many of those issues. I welcome any and all comments and suggestions, and I hope to meet many of you at the park this year!

Thanks George, it was very nice to meet you yesterday as well, and I look forward to having you visit us more!

Thank you Gayle, glad you liked it!

See you later... alligator!

Mike Godwin
Gatorland

Arthur Morris
03-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Hello Artie and thanks for the welcome. Gatorland is a family business, started by my grandfather back in 1949. I am one of the owners, as it is still owned by the family... my brother-in-law Mark McHugh is our CEO. My goal is to let everyone know of the fantastic natural display of Florida wildlife found within Gatorland's 10 acre Breeding Marsh & Bird Sanctuary, and to create programs that allow everyone to share in the beauty and wonder of a vanishing "wild" Florida. As an amateur photographer, I can understand the frustrations some of you have had with our past access policies, and I hope that our new Photo Pass and "Dawn to Dusk" access will alleviate many of those issues. See you later... alligator! Mike Godwin Gatorland

Thanks for the additional info Mike. Where can folks learn the details of the new Photo Pass and Dawn to Dusk access? And yes, it has been extremely frustrating for the past few years. Was it you who so generously let me and a small group in early last April when my friend's boat had been vandalized? Later and love, artie