PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog Pup

Ken Watkins
12-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Now that I have at last tidied up my images, I can get round o revisiting some of the old ones and start with my favourite African animal.

Taken in the dried up bed of River Limpopo entered from Tuli Block, 20th September 2008.

EOS 1D MkIII

500mm F4 IS hand-held from open game viewing vehicle.

F4, ISO 800, 1/1600

Todd Frost
12-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice look back pose Ken. Sand environment works well for this image, nothing to distract. Nice color throughout. I might bring up the shadows a bit around his left eye and sharpen him just a tad. Very nice image of this pup.
TFS
Todd

Stu Bowie
12-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Great eye contact Ken, and I like the softer light in this. Colours look good. Whilst in Sabi a few years ago, we came across a whole pack of these guys in a dry river bed. Could watch them for hours.

Lorant Voros
12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Nice pose and eye contact, Ken. I hope I will have the luck to see these guys one day in Africa and I hope I can take some good photos as well. Very nice.

Lorant

Morkel Erasmus
12-02-2010, 04:52 PM
love the pose, eye contact and overall compo here Ken...maybe try and play with the levels? seems to lack a bit of vibrance IMHO? what do you think?

Ken Watkins
12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, It was quite a dull day as I remember.

All of my images from the same sighting are rather dark, with hindsight it is clear that I should have had at least +0.33 EV, presumably the exposure was being thrown off by the lightness of the sandy river bed?

Lorant,

Wild Dogs are quite rare and difficult to find I can recommend, but no guarantee,s two areas Lagoon Camp in the Kwando concession in Northern Botswana and Mana Pools in Zimbabwe.

Harshad Barve
12-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Super cute , excellent pose and you gotta love those ears
TFS