PDA

View Full Version : Running Pronghorn

Steve Canuel
12-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Since a few people have commented on the attractiveness of these animals, I thought I'd post an action shot of one for those who may be interested in seeing a full body pic. 40D, 400DO + 1.4xTC, f6.3, 1/1600s, ISO 400, +1/3 EC, handheld from vehicle, full frame (the only one out of series of 5 that didn't chop something off).

Ken Watkins
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Steve,

Great stuff, I think we were all correct in saying this is a beautiful animal.

It has great colours but I Imagine the white patches make for difficult exposure, in a similar way to those on Oryx and Springbok.

I like the line of darker grass running through this.

Todd Frost
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Well captured Steve. Good and sharp with nice color and exposure. A little room below and a hair behind would be nice, but as you mentioned this being the only one without clipping off something, I assume you may not have it.
TFS
Todd

John Ippolito
12-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Tight as mentioned, but good definition, colors, and gait captured.

Stu Bowie
12-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey Steve, you have pulled this off very well. Its not easy to shoot a moving animal from a vehicle. One is often restricted, and you cant gauge which way they are going to go. Furthermore, if they move from side to the other, you are pretty much messed. Good running posture, sharp, and I like the light and colours. Great capture of a layered BG.:)

Harshad Barve
12-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Actually tight image works for me , Excellent job on all fronts
TFS