PDA

View Full Version : Sora

Glenn Bartley
12-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Here's one from back in the spring that I dont think I posted. It is never that easy to get a clean shot of this type of bird so I was especially happy to see this one on the LCD :D

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x

Danny J Brown
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Glen,

Such a professional shot of a bird that is so hard to get in an area that is not too grassy, reedy, etc. I love the chocolate, gray and yellow colors on this species and the patterns on the feathers are interesting as well. I suppose you are a little tight on the left because if I notice these things you must be getting there.:) I like the background on this one and the grass doesn't distract me at all; hopefully it's a representation of the typical habitat you would find this guy in. Bright bill on this guy by the way, and perfect pose in my opinion. Nice.

DB

Craig Brelsford
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you for introducing me to this secretive species! Photographing the sora would be accomplishment enough, but photographing him this well is a triumph. Your exposure is just right, I applaud your low angle, and, as Danny said, the grass doesn't bother me at all, especially considering the species.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Hola Glenn!

This is a marvelous species! and it's so hard to spot here in CR!

Love everything about this image. Grass adds to the habitat of this secretive species. Congrats on a very fine image.

Pieter de Waal
12-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi Glen,

Well done with this difficult species. Agree with the comments above particularly the colours and grass adding to the image. I may also consider more room around the bird.

Joerg Rockenberger
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Great opportunity to catch this Sora out in the open. It feels a bit tight left, top and bottom but great exposure and low angle. Congrats, JR

Kiran Poonacha
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
What a beautiful looking bird this glenn.. loved the setting too...