PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill crane blur

Monte Brown
11-30-2010, 09:06 PM
My wife normally does not care for blurs, this one was an exception. Taken at Jasper Pulaski wildlfe area.

1D Mark IV
Canon 800 5.6 IS
1/30 @ f 5.6
ISO 1600
Manual Mode

Comments appreciated.

Sid Garige
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
My wife normally does not care for blurs, this one was an exception.

I see the reason why Monte. Great job. Like the choice of shutter speed for just enough blur.

Craig Brelsford
11-30-2010, 09:35 PM
I liked your blur shot of the cranes taking off. In that case, the blur suggested motion. Here, the blur no longer suggests motion, as most of the birds are stationary.

Randy Stout
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Monte:

The one landing bird, which is sharper than the birds on the ground, probably because you were panning with the landing bird, works. It is backwards of what we expect, and makes you look twice at the image to figure it out.

Nice colors overall. I am seeing some compression artifacts with color noise in the sky on my monitor.

Cheers

Randy

denise ippolito
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Monte, The cranes on the bottom are beautifully blurred. I like the in-coming crane over the group. I do see some noise in the BG. Lovely work!!:)

Julie Brown
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Monte,

I like how the landing crane stands out from the group. Nice background colors-it looks like you had good light. When did you take this? I have never been to Jasper-Pulaski. I was wondering how the conditions were this year, and how long the cranes stay up there?

Monte Brown
12-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments, this was my first time @ Jasper Pulaski. According to the Indiana DNR counted over 11,000 cranes in the wildlfe area in mid November, apparently it is park of the eastern flyway migration route. The cranes begin to arrive in early September and most are gone by mid-December. Hope to return later this month.