PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Texture

Dave Woeller
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been so impressed with some of the textured images that I've seen here lately that I had to give it a try (new directions). :) My first try was not a nature based subject, but I was pleased enough to give it a go with this daisy shot. I created a layer for the texture, and used the Art Grunge texture from Shadowhouse Creations. I used the "lighter color" blend mode at 90 %. I then created a layer mask and painted with different shades to blend the flower from a semi transparency on the outer edges to a more solid and defined center. The lower buds were done the same way. I also had to add canvas to the bottom of the image as the lower leaf was just too close to the bottom edge of the frame. So I hope I'm on the right track. I appreciate all the thoughts that I'm given here.

Roman Kurywczak
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Well Dave,
I think this works very nicely!!! I am debating the bud behind the daisy on the left (perhaps more room?).....but the texture and look is fantastic! I think if you add some canvas on the left and clean that bud up......this one will rock!!! Great first attempt!!!:cheers:

Indranil Sircar
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Beautiful composition, Dave. I love the texture and color. I am with Roman on the left bud. Nicely processed. TFS.

Andrew McLachlan
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Dave, this is very nicely done. I love the textures and the colors too. Agree with Roman on the bud.

denise ippolito
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Dave, This is wonderful! I do think that I would evict the bud as Roman suggested but your overlay work is great!!

Patti Edens
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
That is a beautiful flower. I love the colors and the texture is just right.

Dave Woeller
11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Funny that I was so concerned with the bottom of the frame and didn't really see the left side. Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I'll play with the left side a bit. I don't want to get the main flower too close to the center, but feel it might be a bit empty if I eliminate the bud. Perhaps some canvas and cleaning as Roman suggests.

Dave Woeller
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
I've added a bit of canvas on the left, and done some cleaning (pruning) of the left bud. I feel a bit more comfortable with this, does anyone agree or does it need more work?

Arthur Morris
11-30-2010, 07:56 PM
The repost is a huge improvement. (I am an edge freak :). I love the look of the flowers and though I am not a big fan of textured BKGRs I do like this one quite a bit.

Christopher Miller
11-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard the texture club, Dave! :D Excellent work and the repost is just perfect! Lovely colors and great choice of texture. Well done!

Jay Sheinfield
11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
This is a beauty..........great texture work. The flower and colors are right on..................

Hazel Grant
11-30-2010, 10:27 PM
First attempt, hard to believe...great job. The repost clears up the left --good.

denise ippolito
12-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice repost Dave.:)

Dave Woeller
12-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks again everyone. It's amazing how much of a diffrence can be made by the thoughts and comments of the talented people here. This site has certainly affected my confidence level quite a bit. The texture tutorial was invaluable. Don't mean to gush, but I always get exacly what I expect from this forum. Thanks again, old dogs can learn new tricks :D.

Anita Bower
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree with Christopher. Excellent texture work. You did a fabulous job of blending the flower into the bg. I like the repost--perfect! Welcome to the fun world of using textures!!! :)

Dave Woeller
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you Anita, it was a really fun and educational project.

Cheryl Slechta
12-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Dave, I love the repost and like everything about the image, esp. the texture. Textures are another thing that can be quite addictive and there are some "master" texture artists in this forum:)