PDA

View Full Version : Snow Bunting Thanksgiving

Jason G. Harrison
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Spent my Thanksgiving morning in search of Snow Buntings, which are not very common in Missouri. Weather was not on my side as it was very dark, with a low cloud ceiling. Tried hard to get some sharp images but it was tough with the low shutter speeds.

D300s, 600VR, 1.4tc, f/5.6, ISO 800, 1/125th, +.3EV while nearly lying down on my belly.

http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/5287_v2_S.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, and as always C&C welcomed and encouraged.

Jason

Arthur Morris
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
This is both sharp and loverly. Good job with the d-o-f that covered the entire back and the wings. Head angle is perfect for the pose. The llc is far more problematic than the lrc as the offending foreground element is larger and closer to the camera, and thus more distracting. EXP is perfect. I love the detail on the back feathers.

Danny J Brown
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi Jason,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I've never seen a snow bunting here in Missouri so I'll have to trade you a Henslow's sparrow trip for a snow bunting trip.:) What a beautiful bird this is with its carmel and white colors. It's also very stocky with a short little beak, I see. I don't see this one too often at BPN but did see one the other day looking straight on. Artie covered the techs and it sounds like he rather liked your beautiful image.....I sure do. Thanks.

DB

Pieter de Waal
11-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Jason ,

TFS this one, a bird I have not seen before. Agree with Danny the colours are beautiful. The techs have been covered.