PDA

View Full Version : The Struggle

Tim Munsey
11-29-2010, 03:27 AM
These crazy people are doing a fell run up this cliff, for those of us less mad it's quite amusing. The area is Kilnsey, Yorkshire Dales UK.

Tim
D3, 14-24mm at F/8.

PS Apologies if I've posted this before

Dave Mills
11-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Tim, Most of these folks have gray hair which gives me some hope. They obviously look in great shape and I love the expressions on the leading couple. The angle you took this at shows the severity of the hill and the adjoining terrain. Well handled!
Two things...what filter did you apply to bring out the details and secondly that looks like me at the bottom right leaving:o

Tim Munsey
11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Dave,
I'm big user of Nik Color Efex filters, these are great to have in your tool box. Tonal contrast once used can lead to madness.

Tim

Dave Mills
11-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi, I thought it was tonal contrast(which I use alot) but it could have been Lucis...wasn't sure.

Robert Amoruso
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
The BG hill really makes it look like you need a rotation - I know you don't due to the trees are going straight up and down on the nearer hill.

I agree with Dave you captured their expressions well and imparted the severely of the hill's steepness.

Roman Kurywczak
11-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey Tim,
You know....I looked at this and thought hte same thing about the horizon behind the people.....but the more I looked at it the more it didn't seem to bother me as the expressions and processing make it all come together very nicely. Better them than me I say!

Andrew McLachlan
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi Tim, I like how "Tonal Contrast" brought out all those details. The people look a tad tired.