PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin +iPad

Jay Gould
11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
How do I make it work? The Outdoor and Hunt's adds cover too much to make using iPad with BPN viablebfor me. Only site giving me a headache!:o

Grace Scalzo
11-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I have the same problem with BPN and my i-phone.

Chris Ober
11-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Bimmerpost at the App Store was recommended by Doug for ipad viewing

Jay Gould
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Bimmerpost is a BMW Forum!

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Jay,

Greetings. I didn't have the borrowed iPad long enough to try the vBulletin app... it doesn't solve the problem?

Just using Safari was a non-starter as you describe.

Cheers,

-Yamo-

Er, never mind. I just downloaded the app for my iPhone... is for a forum about vBulletin, not for using vBulletin :o Sigh.

Ah, but there is an app TouchBB Forum Browser that seems to be the right thing. I'll let you know if there is success.

-Yamo-

Chris Ober
11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Bimmerpost is a BMW Forum!

So it is... I never looked at it until now. There's a vbulletin/phpbb forum app in the App Store too that you might want to try. I have no way of testing it.

James Shadle
11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Try this: http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulletin-mobile/id401734344?mt=8

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately this is just a forum about vbulletin. There is an app ad that comes up (strangely) on the iPhone when you first go to a vbulletin site called tapatalk Forum App, but I've not used it and I don't have an ipad. It's $2.99.

TouchBB also doesn't work for accessing bpn.

Cheers,

-Yamo-

Chris Ober
11-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Do a search for Vbulletin in the App Store. There are a few supposed to work with forums in general.

Tapatalk is installed here already. The read only client portion is free from tapatalk.com. I can only test on a Blackberry and it does work but is limited (naturally)

Chris Ober
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
from the vBulletin vendor forums... "The iPhone app will be released to the Apple store, and subsequently doesn't need to be included in a product release by us, I don't know at this stage whether that will be before or after 4.1.
The intention is to release a mobile skin with 4.1 "

Rocky Sharwell
01-28-2011, 10:55 AM
I have not been able to access BPN in a way that makes it usable on my IPAD. I will try a few of the apps suggested here. BPN is the only forum typed website I have had any issues with...

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
I have not been able to access BPN in a way that makes it usable on my IPAD. I will try a few of the apps suggested here. BPN is the only forum typed website I have had any issues with...

Rocky, I don't have an iPAD yet but tapatalk, at least seemed to have the best story of the ones I didn't try while I had borrowed one.

Good luck. Let us know if you find something that works.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Rocky Sharwell
02-05-2011, 11:37 PM

The reviews on the App store do not rate the App very well. At least one implies that it will only work on vbulletin.com forums. I will give it a shot. BPN is the only forum that has given me any issues with the Ipad..

Jay Gould
03-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Whatever you did, BPN now displays correctly on my iPad! Thank you.