PDA

View Full Version : Bosque after Artie's "Fire in the mist"

Myer Bornstein
11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Told to post this picture by Denise and Artie, Taken today at Bosque, 10 degrees, ice on the Railroad pond and mist rising around the cranes and ducks. Taken just as the sun came over the mountains, illuminating the area with yellow, orange and red light. Pano crop top and bottom, curve adjustment in PS

D3s, 500mm f4 + 1.4x tele on tripod, shutter priority, 1/1250 sec @ f5.6, -1//3 EV, ISO 450

Roman Kurywczak
11-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey Myer,
Not often do you get lightning to strike twice.....as Artie's "Fire in the Mist" is one of my favorites of his work and yet it looks like you had similar conditions! You have excellent color with good layering throughout although the seperation of the cranes is better on the LH side. I do think you can sharpen the FG a bit more as some of the crane heads don't appear quite tack and I would consider filling in the RH brush below the geese and the open water is visible....just to even out the base. I hope you took a million images in the 10 minutes or so that this probably lasted!!!!.....but overall very nicely done and glad to see you are having great success with Denise and Artie! If it wasn't 10.....no mist on the water!

Myer Bornstein
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Roman
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes a lot of pictures from differnt positions, great morning :)

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Myer, love the rising mist lit by the rising sun. Agree with Roman's suggestions. Look forward to seeing more of your Bosque images.

denise ippolito
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Myer, Excellent!! Roman makes some good suggestions and this really is an image to be proud of.:) We had a great time and it was cold!

Robert Amoruso
11-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Nice work Myer. Roman capture my suggestions. I feel you framed the image well on the left and right sides; top as well. The FG bottom has just the right base.

Tim Munsey
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
What an amazing spectacle, looks a place where you wish you had 1700mm lens :).
Agree with suggestions, thanks for sharing.

Tim

Dave Mills
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Myer, Good comments above with an image that works well as a pano crop. What makes the image for me is the mist, trees and the light play between the two with the color giving it alot of impact. The left hand birds are well defined and in a perfect world would have wished for the same on the right. The image still works well and is handled nicely...

Myer Bornstein
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Again thanks everyone and here is an adjusted copy

Roman Kurywczak
11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey Myer,
Does work a bit better for me with that area patched in.....nice job with the suggestions!!!

Jay Gould
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I very much like the RP; I would eliminate the very RHS geese blob (?) so that it is balanced on the RHS and LHS. The blob is cut off on the RHS and bothers my eye.