PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Dawn

Hany Aziz
11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Just a quick and dirty processing of an image from this morning. On one of Artie's IPTs.

Critique and input appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Marina Scarr
11-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Could you please provide your equipment and settings please.

Hany Aziz
11-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Could you please provide your equipment and settings please.

Shot with an Olympus E5 SLR with a Olympus 300 mm f2.8 lens with 2X teleconverter, set to aperture priority.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Arthur Morris
11-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Hany, I love, love, love, the wing position of the crane and of course, the fire in the mist. I wish that the bird were six inches forward in the frame so that it was fully in the bright yellow. But still very excellent and likely better than anything that I got.

Todd Frost
11-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Stunner, love the fiery bg. As Artie mentioned a bit forward in the frame would have been even nicer but love it as is. Well done.
TFS
Todd

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Love the wing position and I am fine with where the bird is in the frame. Well done.

Hany Aziz
11-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Hany, I love, love, love, the wing position of the crane and of course, the fire in the mist. I wish that the bird were six inches forward in the frame so that it was fully in the bright yellow. But still very excellent and likely better than anything that I got.

Thanks. I tried to recrop the image (the difference is subtle) and here it is. To follow in the next post I will post the next frame. I prefer the first frame in either crop far more.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

denise ippolito
11-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Hany, You did really great on this one! I love the look of fire and the main birds pose!

Hany Aziz
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
This is the next frame in the sequence. I do like the first image (in either crop) far more because of the wing position as well as the more eccentric location of the flying crane compared to the more central spot on this frame.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Chris van Rooyen
11-28-2010, 09:51 AM
What an image! :cool: the second image is spot on. Love the colour, wing position, light triangle in the middle - simply breathtaking

This is the next frame in the sequence. I do like the first image (in either crop) far more because of the wing position as well as the more eccentric location of the flying crane compared to the more central spot on this frame.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Kristin Brown
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Hany,
Wow! That's all I can say. Love the second frame just a bit more but they are both super. Congrats.

Marina Scarr
11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
What an awesome mood you have created here. I definitely prefer the first frame...but the repost works better IMO. The difference between the two is in fact ever so suble, but makes a marked improvement. Your SHC is just so well positioned. This is one to be proud of.

Marina

Arthur Morris
11-28-2010, 03:28 PM
On one of Artie's IPTs. Sincerely, Hany.

Actually, this was created on the morning of the "A Blurry Day at Bosque" workshop that I co-led with Denise Ippolito.

When I saw that fire in the mist was developing we gave the participants permission to create sharp images :)

Joerg Rockenberger
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
What a great image. Well captured. I am not a big fan of the bill intersecting the wing in the image in panel #9. A capture in between the two images would have been ideal...:)

Best, JR

Pieter de Waal
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Hany prefer the image in frame 7 the colour and light is wonderful and the composition great. Truly looks like a huge fire behind the birds. Well captured.

James Salywoda
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Just beautiful excellent shot.

Danny Laredo
11-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Wonderful image.