PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Hummingbird

Gus Hallgren
11-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Folks;

Another Anna's Hummingbird from our garden for your gentle critiques & welcome comments.

Thanks for looking.

Gus

Olympus E-3, Zuiko ED 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD, @ 316 mm.
AP: F/6.3, 1/640s, ISO 400, 0.00eV, CWA, sRGB, AWB

Dave Leroy
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Nice one Gus.

Another option might be a bit lower in the frame.

I like the pose and I think it goes well with the head angle.

Good job on the bg.

Gus Hallgren
11-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi Dave;

Thanks for looking & your ideas. Thought about putting it lower, however, at the time I had 3 other posts for Bird Forum, and got caught up in them.

Delta, sure know where you mean. About 1934 our Dad would have us swimming the channel at the foot of Victoria Drive to Mitchell Island. Used to love sitting on the bog at Lulu Island in the Spring beside the Fraser, watch the fields come alive. Big changes. My nieces had Cookies by George.

Beautiful B.C.

Cheers

Gus Hallgren
http://unclegus.150m.com

Ben_Sadd
11-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Another nice hummingbird image Gus. These are really great.

Perhaps a little NR on the background would be good.

For me, the crop is a good one. I do not think I would want to see it any tighter at the bottom.

Joel Eade
11-27-2010, 09:09 AM
G' Mornin' Gus...

You have quite a growing collection of these little beautiies now......this one has a "painterly" look to it that is very appealing to me

I wouldn't change a pixel....nicely done IMHO

Joel

Julie Kenward
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd definitely suggest running some NR as the BG is very grainy in this one - more so than we've seen in your others. His throat also looks a tiny bit dark - any way to bring out a little more detail there?

I do like your choice of crop but I could also see this a bit lower in the frame - just a bit more towards the LLC.