PDA

View Full Version : Peace Pipe Smoke

Julie Kenward
11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Another of my newer water images but this one has something new. I purchased the New Topaz InFocus this weekend and this is my first go at using the controls. It's supposed to help with clarity, camera shake, movement, and sharpening. It did a great job on this image with just a preset and then I reduced the layer opacity to 80% and removed the sharpness from the blurrier areas where I wanted the softness to shine through.

InFocus is on sale right now - if you use the code "SuperSharp" you drop the price from $69.99 to $29.99. I figured I could always use a new way to process all these water images and it looks like I was right - this is going to be a big help with freezing the motion of the water.

Cheryl Slechta
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Hey, Jules, I love this - the icy blue and patterns are really nice. I bought In Focus yesterday too - couldn't pass up the discount but haven't had time to read the tutorial.:)

Jay Sheinfield
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Jules,

When I look at the thumbnail, it looks like an aerial view of a glacial ice flow..........I didn't get the smoke view until seeing the full image. I've been staring at it, and, I like it. The chevron-shaped "smoke" has a pleasant flow. The sharpness is crazy, I have to try this software. The brown, grays and shades of blues work well together. I'm thinking a bit of the top to help emphasize the oval shaped swirls, but couldn't make a strong case. Did you notice the long-nosed face in the leftmost swirl...........:oIt's a Rorschach thing.......Good stuff!

Julie Kenward
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Jay, I see faces in almost every one of these images but feel kind of weird bringing it up all the time. I'm sure the Rorschach people would have a field day with my mind (and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way!)

Cheryl, I haven't read the tutorial yet either...just picked a preset and gave it a whirl. That's on the list for this weekend if I can ever get to it. Too much family in town...too little time!

Kerry Perkins
11-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Really nice Jules. I got InFocus a few days ago and have been using it on just about everything. It really is a nice plug-in and did a super job for you on this image. I like the blue of the water and the interesting patterns. :cool:

denise ippolito
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Julie, Nice looking pattern you captured in the water. I see lots of different things in there!!:)

Indranil Sircar
11-27-2010, 02:28 AM
This is beautiful, Julie. These reflected colors are fantastic. TFS. I too got infocus and tested against other algorithms. It does do an excellent job specially on my pre-BPN images:o :cool:

Mark Fuge
11-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Nice image and application, Jules.

Like the effect and also the program. Started working with it as well and it works nice. The price is nice too, through the end of the month. :)

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Julie, another lovely water capture here. Thanks for the tip about In Focus.

Judy Howle
11-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Very nice Jules! I like the colors and patterns in the water.

Paul Lagasi
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice image, colors and lines really rock..well done

Thanks for the heads up Jules...The code you gave us, also works on the Bundled products..got all the Topaz bundle for 40$ off, total 167$ canadian, taxes in.