PDA

View Full Version : Dracena stripes

OvidiuCavasdan
11-26-2010, 02:14 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F32
1/5 sec
ISO 250
Dracena plant - the area where the leaf emerge from stem. Natural light (greenhouse), tripod, slightly cropped from right side.

Jay Sheinfield
11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Cool pattern and colors. I like it! I might rotate it a bit cw to get two diagonals going. Strong Lines in the comp.

Dave Leroy
11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
A really interesting photo.

I like the composition and the dof really makes it for me.

It might be interesting with a bit of rotation as suggested, but very good as is.

Dave

Ken Childs
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey Ovidiu, you've got a nice diagonal, interesting patterns and some great colors with this. This is one of those shots that has lots of possibilities when cropping so I tried a few different ones and for my tastes, I liked it better with a little off the right and bottom. Well done! :)

It's not for this forum but adding just enough blur to make the textures mostly disappear made this look really cool!

Roman Kurywczak
11-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Very nice light and super colors too.....I am with Ken on the crop. I think an image like this is about balance and right now for me.....the LL draws has too much weight. a crop off the bottom and right resores the color balance.....for me anyway and just something to consider. Nicely done overall though!

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Ovidiu, nicely done, I like the graphical design to this and agree with the crop suggestions too. Well done!

Steve Maxson
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi Ovidiu. This is a very nice combination of lines, patterns, and colors. There are some interesting suggestions above for you to consider regarding tweaks, though the image also works well as presented. Well done.

Anita Bower
12-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I very much like the colors and strong design of this photo. Good for you for seeing it and capturing it so well. I like the sharpness. I see the point made by cropping off the bottom and left to downsize the LLC . Wonderful simplicity.