PDA

View Full Version : PS Proof Setup

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Hello there!

I would like to know what your proof setup is in PS CS 5! I am unsure of what must be the correct setting here.

Your help is very valuable and appreciated.

jc

Roger Clark
11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Juan,

I do not have CS5 yet, but proof setup should be the same as other CS versions. As no CS5 users has stepped up, I'll give it a try.

I always set the setup for the target for which I am making the image. For example, I usually work in Adobe RGB and when I am set to make a print I set the proof to the profile of that printer and paper. If I'm going to make a web image, I set the proof to sRGB. You can find these under proof setup -> custom (in CS4; probably the same in CS5).

Roger

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Juan,

I do not have CS5 yet, but proof setup should be the same as other CS versions. As no CS5 users has stepped up, I'll give it a try.

I always set the setup for the target for which I am making the image. For example, I usually work in Adobe RGB and when I am set to make a print I set the proof to the profile of that printer and paper. If I'm going to make a web image, I set the proof to sRGB. You can find these under proof setup -> custom (in CS4; probably the same in CS5).

Roger

Thanks so much Roger! after 100 views to this thread I guess not too many here seem to know what we are talking about! :o
I went to check CS5 following your advise and now I'm using sRGB as my proof set up so I hope my images will look better on line. Once again thank you for your help.