Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS @ 400mm
Av mode
1/800"
F10
ISO:400
HH
LR and CS3

Another from my pond shoot.

Cleaned up and used surface blur on the water, lightened the reflection.

Jay Sheinfield
11-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Love it! The red portion of the leaf just sets this apart. I just saw the hole in the leaf..........what a trip,
blue in the reflection and red from the other side of the leaf...............one of your best waterworks shot, Ken!
I am undecided on hte ULC reflections, as I can imagine a totally blue water BG, but either way, Fantastic!

OvidiuCavasdan
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I like the composition and colors. Very nice reflection. I like the water surface as it is. Very nice autumn images Ken!

Dave Leroy
11-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Lovely photo. Leaf is has a lot of appeal as does the water.

I like the surface blur and I think the lighter reflection really adds a lot.

It would look lovely as a pano as well.

Dave

Jerry van Dijk
11-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Ken,

I love the colors in this one. I'm not too fond of the blurred water, it looks very artificial to me. I would consider isolating the leaf and the reflection in a tight crop. They're so sharp and colorful that they just beg for more attention. Below a quick crop to get the idea.

Roman Kurywczak
11-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey Ken,
Now were talking! Finally may be able to go out and try a few myself today! I do like Jerry's direction too....so easy tweak if you choose to go that route! Very nicely done overall!

Steve Maxson
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Ken. Another serene-looking image. Great reflection and nice ROT comp. Jerry's repost is also a viable alternative crop. Well done. :)

Mike Fuhr
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Ken. I LOVE to try to capture floating leaves this time of year. I think you did real well with this one -- the sharpness throughout the entire leaf is great. It seems that can be the toughest part considering the fact that each leaf is basically a sail waiting to be caught by the wind. I like the composition as well. The water has a pretty wild effect -- what did it look like before the blurring. Just curious...:2eyes2:

Ken Childs
11-30-2010, 03:31 PM
The water has a pretty wild effect -- what did it look like before the blurring. Just curious...:2eyes2:It looks pretty close to what you see here. The blur mainly caused a reduction in noise and it looks just a bit smoother now but the patterns on the left look the same. Someone said they thought the water looked artificial and I can't disagree with that but this is really how it looked. The blur didn't give it that look. I probably would have had similar results using NR.