PDA

View Full Version : Should I eat the rest?

Richard Stern
03-15-2008, 03:40 PM
On my way between my office and home a few weeks ago I came across a group of Pine Grosbeaks in a small tree between the gas station and the pizza take-out! Here's a male looking forward to taking some more chunks of the berry. D300, Tamron 200-500, hand-held.

Exposure time: 1/2500 s
F number: 6.3
Exposure program: Aperture priority
ISO speed rating: 1600

Curves and sat. in LR, some oof branches cloned out, and the sky smoothed out, in PSE3.

Richard

Axel Hildebrandt
03-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Nice find, I really like these grosbeaks. The bird looks a bit oversharpened and I would decrease the saturation of the reds and contrast a few points.

Don Lacy
03-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I second Axel's comments on the sharpening, still a nice gift on the way to work

Daniel Cadieux
03-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Suggestions already mentioned, and I would also be tempted to turn this into a vertical...or at the very least trim some off the left. We've been blessed with a great invasion year with this guys, glad you got in on some of the fun!

Paul Lagasi
03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Great photo, I agree on the above about the desaturation of reds and making it a vertical and I would probably clone out the branch over the Grosbeaks head but a fine photo of a beautiful bird...thanks for sharing.

Paul Lagasi