PDA

View Full Version : Madison visitors

Todd Frost
11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Took a trip down the Madison (YNP) during Sept trip as my wife had requested that I make some otter images for her. Never got to see any in previous trips so I wasn't holding my breath. I found these two, got set up and within 5 min I started a otter jam that would rival any bear or wolf jam.
D300, 400 2.8 w/1.4 tc, f4.5, 1/1600, iso 800, man exp
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.
Todd

Steve Canuel
11-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Nice one Todd. I really like the ratio of habitat and animal here. The direction they're pointing together with the opening in the BG grass and matted down trail to the water makes a nice element. I also like the colors. Wish the two darker reeds weren't there but you couldn't have asked for them to be in better positions.

Grant Atkinson
11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi Todd, what a wonderful shot. Lovely warm colors, and a great depiction of not only the otters in their habitat, but also interacting with one another. The reflections in the water are a nice contrast to the reeds on the bank. Thanks for showing us more interesting animals...
cheers
Grant
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Danny J Brown
11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Todd,

How fantastic does it get to be at the right place at the right time by design. The otters in mid-antics look awesome in the reeds and the light and color are perfect. Oh, how I wish I'd been there.

DB

P.S. I was going to take the easy way out tomorrow and photograph here at the farm but your image has inspired me to take an hour long trip to the Mississippi River wetlands and photograph waterfowl from my kayak.....the hard route. Thanks......I think.

Harshad Barve
11-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Sweetness alert all over , beautiful image
TFS

Ken Watkins
11-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Todd,

You must ask your wife to select the subject more often.

This is really beautiful:cheers::cheers:

Marc Mol
11-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Great perspective, colour and nice reflective lighting here Todd.
TFS

Andrew McLachlan
11-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Todd,

Nice one. I love Otters and their curious nature, but never get his close to them here in Ontario. I like that you included as much of their habitat as you did. Agree that it would be nice if the two fallen over reeds weren't there. I think I would try to cloned out the fallen reed above the Otters.

Stu Bowie
11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
As Steve pointed out, nicely framed between the two reeds. Good interaction from the two otters, and I too like the colours. Did you get some shots of them swimming close to your boat?

Rachel Hollander
11-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Todd - great shot. I like the interaction, the habitat and the colors. It's interesting to see the fur color of the otters since most shots we see have the very dark, wet fur.

TFS,
Rachel

Todd Frost
11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Stuart, was across the river down low on the bank (no boat) and caught them jus before coming out of the water so not many in water images.
Todd