PDA

View Full Version : Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes)

borisbelchev_bspb
03-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi, I'm new in your community. I am originally from Bulgaria, but now i live in Lithuania. I put my pictures and expect critics and advices. My equipment is Rebel XTi and 300mm f4 IS USM and extender 1,4x (CANON).... I will happy to read your comments, Best Regards, Boris Belchev!!!

Model - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
DateTime - 2008:03:10 15:34:05
ExifOffset - 270
ExposureTime - 1/160 seconds
ExposureProgram - Manual control
ISOSpeedRatings - 400
DateTimeOriginal - 2008:03:10 15:34:05
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/160 seconds
ApertureValue - F 5.60
ExposureBiasValue - 0.00
FocalLength - 420 mm
White Balance - Manual
Sequence mode - Continuous
Focus mode - AI Servo
Metering mode - Partial
Focus type - Auto
Exposure mode - Manual
Focus mode 2 - Continuous
Subject Distance - 480

Gautam Biswas
03-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Welcome Boris, This is a very nice image. The placement of the bird in the frame is good with its head turned towards the right of the frame. The BG is good and blurred. SOme might find the branch a distraction, but to me it goes well with the environment and in a way the curved shape is similar to the bird in foreground. The image is sharp and the catchlight in the eye is good.
Well done. Look forward to more of your images on the forum.

Daniel Cadieux
03-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Welcome to BPN Boris!! A beautiful subject you present us here. There are three things to improve that come to mind immediately when viewing your image. First, the branch is very distracting and could be made to "disappear"...Second, the yellow spot above the bird could be toned down. And third, I wish the OOF bark touching the bird below was not there. Still a very beautiful and moody image and I do like it alot. The perch is impressive and very nicely weathered.

Caroline Darmo
03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Boris, nice to see you posting here, I agree with Daniel's comments, still very nice light & mood you've captured here. Hope to see more from you.