PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret, feeding time

Humberto Ramos
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Exif:
Canon 7D+Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8+Sigma 1.4X TC
1/3200, F/6.3, iso 400, 420mm

This image was shot from a "hidrohide" or "hidroblind", I didn't use flash, and just made a very small crop.

Dan Avelon
11-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I like the interaction, strange feeding way I see them do it all the time.
image is quite soft though.

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Looks a little soft yes, nice action though. Do you have any info about this hydroblind? :)

Humberto Ramos
11-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Looks a little soft yes, nice action though. Do you have any info about this hydroblind? :)
What kind of info?

Humberto Ramos
11-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I like the interaction, strange feeding way I see them do it all the time.
image is quite soft though.

I have some difficulty to understand some English terms, what do you mean with soft? Do you mean it needs more contrast?

Daniel Cadieux
11-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Excellent behaviour depicted here. Good comp and low angle (perhaps just a bit more room left and above). Good control of the whites. I suppose it is the nictitatinig membrane causing a haze in the far bird's eye, you could try a version with the pupil blacker. I would also lighten the eye of the front bird, or enhance the catchlight if one is there.

I'm sure Dan means that you could use some more sharpening as posted as this is what I notice too.

Danny J Brown
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Beautiful capture of bird behavior and I like the composition as well. The wind appears to be blowing the young bird's feathers up which adds to the shot. The eye on the juvenile is very intense as well. The image could use some leveling which would make it look better.....a little rotation in the counterclockwise direction. Helpful comments above as well.

DB

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Hola 1berto, Alberto?

Any ways, nice interaction here, I find the action interesting but may be you should try to take this images early in the morning or late in the afternoon since the light seems to be harsh, but still the exposure looks fine.

Good to see you posting here, and I hope to keep on seeing your photographs!:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-24-2010, 12:28 AM
What kind of info?

I mean a link to an image, information whether it's a commercial product we can look at buying from a shop etc.... :)

By the way soft means NOT sharp. In a nice way. :)

Humberto Ramos
11-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Beautiful capture of bird behavior and I like the composition as well. The wind appears to be blowing the young bird's feathers up which adds to the shot. The eye on the juvenile is very intense as well. The image could use some leveling which would make it look better.....a little rotation in the counterclockwise direction. Helpful comments above as well.

DB

1berto means Humberto (in portuguese 1 is um, and when you pronounce Humberto the "H" doesn't do do nothing, "Hum" is like "um", so Humberto is like umberto=1berto) ;)

Humberto Ramos
11-24-2010, 05:18 AM
I mean a link to an image, information whether it's a commercial product we can look at buying from a shop etc.... :)

By the way soft means NOT sharp. In a nice way. :)

The hidroblind is home made, its not expensive and its very effective, I have one friend that has a tutorial to make it (Ricardo Lourenço), but its in Portuguese, but trough the images you can make one. Here is a movie That Ricardo Lorenço made about the hidrohide:
http://rlfocus.blogspot.com/2010/08/hidrohide.html in the movie, when you see the hidrohide near a little cattle egret, its me and my hidrihide.

The full article can be seen here:
http://rlfocus.blogspot.com/2010/04/making-ofhidrohide.html

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Very cool Humberto, I like the blog entry but will need to view the video from home later. The duck is there to attract the other birds right?

Humberto Ramos
11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Very cool Humberto, I like the blog entry but will need to view the video from home later. The duck is there to attract the other birds right?

Hi, Ákos, the video its not mine, but yes, the duck is a plastic decoy, not to attract, but to other birds maintain confidence...