PDA

View Full Version : Morning at the Mitten

Roman Kurywczak
03-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Taken at the entrance of the Navajo Tribal Park using the digital Rebel and the 28-135mm lens at 135 and ISO 400 at f22 and 1/5 sec.........but to add to the debate of using an enhancing filter.......I used one here to enhance an otherwise just OK sunrise. I know you can achieve this in PS...........but I'm a believer of gettting it as good as possible in camera and then applying corrections and fixes in PS. The closer you can get the image in the field to look like what you want, the less time behind the computer.......and I think we would all prefer to be out shooting! Too many times in the field I see sloppy work and then hear..........I'll fix it in PS. Great tool! Love it! .......but.............get it right in camera first........then play later!
I know this is a controversial subject but as always, comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Kirk Benson
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I must say that I love the color in this shot, beautiful. I may have pulled back a little bit so the Mitten wasn't quite so dominant in the picture. Lovely shot, well done.

Alfred Forns
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I like it Roman !!! Always like that layered effect with its sublle tonal changes The colors look good and feel you can even get a little more by doing some changes in LAB color Was going to do so but is difficult to judge not being there

Agree with Kirk about the perspective It is a lovely image as presented Big Congrats !!!

Vincent Grafhorst
03-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice photo Roman with a strong comp and lovely colors. I agree with you about doing things right in camera, but when it comes to using color filters I disagree coz these are easy to chance or enhance in PS. The only filter that you cannot really mimic in PS is a polariser. What filter exactly did you use?

Robert Amoruso
03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I am very happy with this one Roman. The colors are very intense - I am OK with filter use. Making the mitten smaller in the frame would be an alternate composition, but I like it large as your did here.

Arthur Morris
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
This is one sweet image. I am a sucker for the blue/purple/piinks. later and love, artie