PDA

View Full Version : Hyder cub

Todd Frost
11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
It's Been awhile, hope everyone is having fun making great images. Cub going for salmon in Fish Creek, Hyder, AK.
D300, 400 2.8, !/400, F2.8, iso 1250, man exposure.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.
Todd

Harshad Barve
11-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Todd , Bear seems to be very busy here and plenty of fish too
Different POV here and works very well
TFS

Grant Atkinson
11-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Todd, very strong bear shot here, and from your exp info, looks like a very good high iso capture in not such great light. The back of the fish is a great little detail, as is the bears intent expression, and its poised posture. Also liked the textures and sharpness of fur around the face. If anything I would have a go at lightening the bear a little and darkening the highlights in the water to try make the broken water BG just a little less busy.
Cheers
Grant

DanWalters
11-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Like the unique angle and the eyes. Like the fact you can see the fish as well.

Stu Bowie
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I like the concentrated look on the face of the bear, together with the paw swiping the fish. Good that we can see the fish too.

Steve Canuel
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Love the fish and the look on the bear's face. I like the highlights in the water, gives it a cool crispness for me. I might hit the whole thing with a touch more NR varying the amounts on the bear and water to smooth it up a bit yet minimize the loss of sharpness you captured.

John Ippolito
11-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Todd, nice intensity captured on the part of the cub. I like the fact that you got the salmon (chum it looks like) in the frame, and I can see the common light ring of fur on the cub's neck. And I have to know... did the cub get the fish?

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Todd- nice action shot. I like the different POV used to include the fish.

TFS,
Rachel

Todd Frost
11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone and yes he did get the fish although he just played with it as mom had caught one also that they ate.
Todd