PDA

View Full Version : Munds Wagon Trail, Wallow Canyon, Arizona

Ron Bernstein
11-21-2010, 10:01 PM
More fun with Nik's HDR Efex Pro. Canon Mark IIN with 16-35 2.8 at f.16, ISO 100. Comments welcomed!

Dave Mills
11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Ron, good eye on this one! On a cloudy day you captured a strong composition with alot of interest. In this case the reflection is not a very strong element in the image but color, texture and the tree become dominant.
You also managed to pull out some interest in an other than interesting sky.
My personal taste is a bit more room(not much) to the left and bottom. Nice image!!

Andrew McLachlan
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi Ron, a very nicely composed image. I like the detail you were able to pull out of the clouds with the HDR. While I would have preferred a blue sky on this one, sometimes we have to work with what nature throws at us and I think you handled it very, very well.

Robert Amoruso
11-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree, good symmetry in the image with the circular bowl in the FG. More room left and bottom would have been good.

Roman Kurywczak
11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Ron,
The HDR definitely saved the sky! Yeah, we all would have preferred a different one but the details in there are good and not a flat grey.....so works for me too! I'm torn on the room as I generally like them tight but the left does feel a bit cramped in this case......but that would introduce more sky.....so not a fan of that thought. Overall, nicely handled and the details do come through very nicely!

Allen Sparks
11-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Very nice! love the colors and that tree reflection. Agree on the suggestions about more room.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Great job on the HDR, nice composition with the reflection and tree

Ron Bernstein
11-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank you all for your comments! This is a full frame view, or I'd take the advice of some and post an alternative comp with more room on the sides and bottom.