PDA

View Full Version : Bug?

Leon Robinson Jr.
11-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I think it's a grass hopper but not sure. It caught my eye as I was watering my plants. This one is hanging on a hibiscus leaf. Not the greatest composition but the best I could do without stomping a rose bush that was in the way.

Canon 7D 300 mm + 25 ext tube - 1/80 - f9.0 - ISO 400 - Tripod

Dave Leroy
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Just a tad higher for the shot would have been great. I am not sure if focus is on the head or not. It appears a bit soft to me.

I really like the nice clean shot and clean bg.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
11-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey Leon,
Does appear to be a touch soft in some areas....not sure if DOF was the culrpit of slow SS.....even though you were on the tripod even a small breeze can cause a bit of softness at that SS. Only option is to push the ISO higher and deal with the 7D's noise or use a bit of flash to get your SS up a notch. Just some ideas to keep in mind for in the field as the comp works nicely.

Ken Childs
11-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey Leon, yes this is a grasshopper and you did a nice job of capturing it. The comp is good and the BG looks nice although I would consider lightening up that dark area towards the top. The whole thing looks a bit soft to me but I think all it needs in another round of sharpening to fix it up. A simple tweak to make this one shine! :)

Steve Maxson
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Leon. A nice grasshopper and you have some good comments above. A little more sharpening and blending the dark are in the background will take this up a couple notches. :)

Jeffrey Sipress
11-26-2010, 04:13 PM
A formidable hopper. They eat my garden up! Nice capture with existing light, which I prefer.