PDA

View Full Version : Navigation in Critique Forums

Anita Bower
11-21-2010, 08:15 AM
After I have entered my comments in a critique forum, I find it tedious to get back to the forum itself. I have to scroll to the bottom, where the tabs do not include returning to the forum. I must return to the top and then click on the forum. I think I used to be able to go back to the forum directly. Can this option be returned?

Many thanks!

Andrew Merwin
11-21-2010, 09:04 AM
I open the threads in a separate window, make my comments, post the comments, & then close the window & I am immediately back to the critique forum. I find it very efficient to do it this way.

Anita Bower
11-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I open the threads in a separate window, make my comments, post the comments, & then close the window & I am immediately back to the critique forum. I find it very efficient to do it this way.

What a brilliant idea! That solves my problem. Many thanks.

Chris Ober
11-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the great idea, Andrew.

The forum developers decided to change the way the navigation after posting and replying works for this version. I have asked and they do not offer an alternative. I installed a modification to change the navigation after replies but am still waiting for an answer on how to change it after posts.

Andrew Merwin
11-21-2010, 09:41 AM
What a brilliant idea! That solves my problem. Many thanks.

You're Welcome.

Chris Ober
11-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Another fairly quick step it to press the 'Home' button on your keyboard and click on the forum navigation link near the top to go back to the forum or forum list.

There is also a 'Top" button after the last post and before the quick reply on the right that does the same thing.

Chris Ober
11-21-2010, 09:44 AM
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?75060-Return-to-Forum-after-post

Anita Bower
11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?75060-Return-to-Forum-after-post

Tried this but it didn't seem to make any difference. that is OK. This thread has given me some ideas.

Chris Ober
11-21-2010, 09:54 AM
It only works after starting threads, not replies. That's what I'm waiting for from them.