PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen #5

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2010, 08:58 PM
This abstract of a tip of a Japanese Pine, was taken in the shade with sunlit foliage in the background. I did an exposure adjustment and curves. The URC cross hatching was blended out in another version, but I was too lazy to repeat it in this version..........The purple area is the cone-like part of the branch. Maybe there is technical name.........Feel free to make any and all suggestions.......there are a few in focus areas, but you have to look real close.....

Nikon D3s
iso 400
105mm macro with extension tube
1/640 @ f/4.5

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey Jay,
I love the crop tool as you know....so went that route as I like the flow and look of this. Overall I think yo uare doing very well with these and this one is no exception. Let me know your thoughts on the crop!

Jay Sheinfield
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Roman, I like it. Sometimes I get lost in these abstracts and another pair of eyes really helps. Here the dark stuff on the right side has been cropped in favor of the diagonal pattern...........it works for me. Thanks.

Ken Childs
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey Jay, this one looks pretty cool too. You're doing great things with these evergreens! This has a nice flow to it and a good mix of colors. Roman's crop seems to be the way to go.

What happened to evergreen #4? :)

Jay Sheinfield
11-21-2010, 05:42 AM
Ken, thanks...............we are rapidly running out of green things around here, other than theses
evergreens. :o I couldn't remember when I was posting this, what number I left off at......so I just bumped it up. Wow, you guys really pay attention;););)!

Anita Bower
11-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Another nice abstract! I like how you are working this theme. I think Roman's crop improves the flow of the image. I would lighten it just a bit, especially the dark LLC and the purples. Great series.

Jay Sheinfield
11-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks, Anita...........