PDA

View Full Version : Riding the Wave

Julie Kenward
11-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Man, am I having a good autumn! I went out for an hour tonight to check on my favorite batch of baby Muscovi ducklings and ended up shooting the water for an hour while they took their own sweet time to come over and see me. This was my favorite new water image of the evening...the ripples and lines were created when a duck went paddling by me...

Normal processing here...small crop, curves, and exposure adjustments (to bring out all the underlying tones) and a round of surface blur/sharpening.

Jay Sheinfield
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Jules, Sweet! Heavenly blue color. Truly unique in your waterworks series.

Kerry Perkins
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Jules, very nice abstract yet organic look. Colors are super and I love the feel of frozen action. I can imagine the duck just out of frame... :cool: I'll bet this would look cool with a posterizing filter.

Indranil Sircar
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Julie, I am just loving these colors. It reminds of the acrylic marble paper craft! Beautiful abstract.

Anita Bower
11-22-2010, 06:32 AM
You deserve to have a good autumn of photographing since you went through a dry period earlier in the year. Love the color of the water! Lovely, calm ripples. Wish that one darker one wasn't cut off on the right. I hope you keep them coming.