PDA

View Full Version : Barrow's Goldeneye...first post

Jan Wegener
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,

my first post here in this forum. I got this wonderful male on December 24th, standing with waders in the Pacific. I never had such cold feet !!! :D
Imagine the look of all people coming buy.....it was also really unbelieveable how close the ducks come when you are in the water. This is almost fullframe.

Taken with 1D Mark IIn + 4/600 L IS and 1,4 x TC
http://www.vogelfotografien.de/Test/bbb.jpg

Bob Malbon
01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Jan, This is one sweet capture! Did you use a fill flash? Whites are great and I see few of these up this close. Bob

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Wonderful portrait, Jan, if a bit tight at the top. Love the colors and sharpness.

Big welcome to BPN!!!

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Baby Boy, go to the beach to get something better :D
Don't worry I am kidding :) Fantastic shot.
Szimi

c.w. moynihan
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow. what a portrait Jan. The detail is out of this world. No nits here. ;)

Glenn Bartley
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice to see you posting here Jan!

This is a stunning portrait. if I get a chance to come over to Van you have to show me where you got this ;)

Juan Aragonés
01-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Fantastic portrait Jan, amazing details here. Thanks for the tip of the waders... it would be great to see a picture of you on the waters with all those ducks swimmning around you ;-)

Jan Wegener
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
yeah, I would like to see one picture myself, there were dozens of people taking pictures of me, probably thought what an idiot :-)
Too bad I can't do one myself, while wading ;-)

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-04-2008, 04:34 AM
yeah, I would like to see one picture myself, there were dozens of people taking pictures of me, probably thought what an idiot :-)
Too bad I can't do one myself, while wading ;-)

Collect money from them for this spectacle :D or if they don't play ask them to send and image by e-mail;)
Szimi

Jody Melanson
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Amazing portrait of this guy showing all the iridescence. A ton of detail here. Excellent first post and welcome aboard, Jan!