PDA

View Full Version : Gadwall drake taking a sip

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-19-2010, 10:15 AM
40D. 400f5.6L. f/7.1. iso 400. 1/1250s. Fitting the full duck was possible but would have been too tight. So I composed with this crop in mind.

All C&C welcome.

Stu Bowie
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Kaus, apart from a head shot, I almost always go for a full body shot, and you have shown me here, that different crops work just as well. I like the pose with the slight upturn of the head, and good light and colours on the drake. You have captured sharp detail, and just love the complimentary colours of the BG too.

Mital Patel
11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
KD this is pretty awesome image man. just loved the details and the pose. crop too work well here for me

Bhushan Dalvi
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Nice capture. Love the details and the HA is fine. The background works beautifully. I am not too sure about the crop though. Maybe just my point of view. A vertical crop would have emphasizing the beautiful plumage on the breast would have worked. Did you try any with that comp?

Daniel Cadieux
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm liking this one alot. Perfect exposure, and very good details. I love the comp as is, and the slight head tilt is a nice touch. I'd lighten (not eliminate) the dark spot at bottom edge. Well done!

Greg Basco
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Kaustubh, I think this comp works just fine. And like the others, I think the complementary background colors are great.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Kaustubh Deshpande
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Thx everyone. All feedback very much appreciated.

Craig Brelsford
11-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I too like your crop. By posting the gadwall this way, you're implying that you believe this crop to be the single best option, and I'm prepared to agree with you on that. The bottom line is that it's such a strong shot that it's hard to go wrong. Your exposure, details, and low perspective are admirable.

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Wonderful image KD. Love the sharpness and detail. I like these half body shots myself and try to do them when possible. The subtle earthy tones mixed in the water add a nice complement to the duck. Well done mate. :)