PDA

View Full Version : another shot from other angle

John Hawkins
11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
ISO 800, 15mm, 1.7 ev, f/2.8, 1/6 shutter. This is taken from opposite side of my prior post. I did get the tree here. Thanks for looking

Nick Palmieri
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
That is one neat looking place. I like this image over your previous post. I may tone down the brightness near the door in the yellow building. This place is begging for a fisheye lens!

Tim Munsey
11-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Wow, cool spot, what's it all about.
I'll check your other post.

Tim

Roman Kurywczak
11-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey John,
First thing that caught me eye was the light on the left and the light/clock on the RH edge I cropeed to eliminate most of the LH side adn proportionally off the top then cloned at low opacity to minimize the RH side distractions and the remaining bits on the LH side. These are almost inevitable in night street scenes....so treat them like dust bunnies on the sensor and minimizing or eliminateing them will go a long way for the final image. You could also approach this with a bit of lens correction......but as I am OK with that.....didn't go that route. Just some options for you to consider but overall very nicely handled!

Dave Mills
11-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi John, another interesting image. Taking out a few of the items Roman mentioned would be helpful. There is so much going on in the image it becomes it's strength and keeps your attention looking all over the image finding the projected letters. The bright area(yellow bldg) does compete strongly for attention.
Wondering if you moved left you could of covered the bldg and not merged the center with the columns.
Curious to see if that would of been successful...

John Hawkins
11-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys for you comments. I will try all these next time out. Roman, you said you cropped and did some other adjusting? I don't see a post. Did you mean you did this but didn't attach? I would like to see what you did. Thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Dooooh! (best Homer Simpson impression) Here it is!

Robert Amoruso
11-22-2010, 11:05 PM
I like how you got more of the tree in on this one John. Very cool scene.