PDA

View Full Version : Second image post, please tell me what is wrong or good

EricRivera
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
;)This is my 2nd image post here, judge it and leave your critique;)

Mockingbird in barbwire

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs964.snc4/75705_1559436624765_1200764754_31332457_3543700_n. jpg

Ben_Sadd
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Eric,
The sharpness here is good, the oof background very nice, and I find the pose of the bird an interesting one. Ideally I would have liked more open space to the right, as this is where the bird is slightly angled to, and less to the left. Getting the entirety of the feet in the frame would have been an advantage, and is a simple thing to watch out for. While the bird looks in overall relatively well exposed, there are a couple of hot/without detail areas that you could probably tone down.

I normally like to see natural perches, but I am not overly bothered with the barbed wire here are it seems to blend with the bird.

Look forward to seeing the next effort.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Agree with the above comments. The bird looks sharp with nice feather details in most part, the area around the chest/neck looks a bit hot so I might try to tone that down. More area on the right with a bit off the left would be nice, however I do like how the left tree/leaves help framing the image. You also got a beautiful smooth green background which is good. Wish the feet didn't get cut off.

EricRivera
11-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Ben, Thanaboon, receiving comments like yours it is what i am seeking, the details. Thank you so much to both of you, i really apreciated taking your time to see and critique.:D:D

Julie Kenward
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Eric, the guys pretty much hit the details pretty well. Always remember to watch that you are including the entire bird - don't leave out the toes, the wing tips, nothin'! I like the head angle you have here but these are harder to pull off than one with a slight head turn because we get more eye contact that way. Here we can see the eyes but the back of each orbit is not visible and it makes it slightly less personal contact that way. Now in a bird like an owl where there are huge eyes to look at it's not as big of a deal.

Definiltely watch that histogram as you do have some hot areas. It's so important to get the best exposure in the field - it saves all kinds of time in post-processing.

If this were mind, I'd crop out the tree as it doesn't really add anything important to the image - I'd let the bird have the whole show.