PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog chasing down a Scrub Hare Pt3

Marc Mol
11-18-2010, 06:35 AM
The alpha male from the Sosian 11 Wild Dog pack leading the way in a pursuit of a Scrub Hare.
(I deliberately left the OOF hare in to show subject distance).
08.36am Cropped to portrait.

D3s 500VR 1/1600s ISO200@f/4 Sosian ranch, Loisaba, Nth Kenya Oct 2010

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Ken Watkins
11-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Marc,

This is what I call rubbing it in;)

I like the OOF dogs in the BG (just got the ears in!)

Not to sure if the really OOF hare adds anything to this.

Stu Bowie
11-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Marc, good play of DOF here, and I feel everything works in this. I like the concentration of the WD in focus. Did they get their prey?

Austin Thomas
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Good action and very well caught Marc.

I am not too sure about the OOF hare. If I hadn't read your story line and had just seen the image it would have looked unusual. I think the expression on the dog, all four of its feet in the air and the following pack conveys a story on its own.

Cheers

Austin

Marc Mol
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks Austin

You'll find parts 1& 2 (not far below) will provide some more info.

Rachel Hollander
11-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Marc - I like the way the path curves through this one. Another outstanding image in this series though I agree I'm not sure the oof hare is necessary in this one.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
11-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Appreciate the comments everyone.

Marc, good play of DOF here, and I feel everything works in this. I like the concentration of the WD in focus. Did they get their prey?

Thanks Stuart

The chase continued quite a distance from our vehicle, they were back in a few minutes and with no blood around their muzzles we assumed that this guy made a lucky escape.

Harshad Barve
11-20-2010, 04:32 AM
This is your entry in BBC next year :cheers::cheers::cheers:
TFS

My comment on previous image , but this has to go for BBC , Man , You have nailed all 3 images
TFS

Grant Atkinson
11-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi Marc, i like this capture a lot too, specially the OOF dogs in BG, however I would prefer to see the hare cropped out..find it distracting. The dogs expressions, speed and intent are enough to tell the story for me.
cheers
Grant

Grant Atkinson
11-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi Marc, me again, have been looking at this shot again, I think this may actually be even stronger for me than number 2, with the hare cropped out, which would really focus attention on the dogs. Those OOF dogs in the BG add a lot to the image for me, and tell of the power of the pack..as opposed to one animal. You have accomplished something that is very hard to do, and that is to get dogs with intent expression, running right at you...
Well done again..
grant

Steve Canuel
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
A cool series Marc. Have to agree with others on the OOF hare. The focused look of the dogs and the action poses you captured them in are strong enough on their own to let the viewer know they're chasing something. Might be better to let people guess what it is rather than have the OOF hare.