PDA

View Full Version : Who I'm I ????

Oscar Zangroniz
03-14-2008, 09:49 PM
This is another bird from Metro zoo's wings of Asia aviary. Can it be some kind of stork?
Anyhow comments are welcome and appreciated

Camera: D200
Lens: 300mm f4 w/ 1.4 tc
Focal length: 420mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
ISO: 200
Fstop: 7.1
Shutter: 1/640

Regards,

LeeOtsubo
03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I believe that's a sarus crane from Pakistan, India and Australia.

Harold Davis
03-15-2008, 03:58 AM
i dont know, but that is a funky looking dude!! oscar, you can color in that white oof area just left of his neck to make it blend in with the rest of the bg. maybe tone down the white in the neck and add a little usm.

take care

Nonda Surratt
03-15-2008, 08:19 AM
First thought was WOW what a cool looking bird. Nice comp too. I like it!

And what Harold said, he gets up earlier than I do;)

Gus Cobos
03-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey Oscar,
Nice looking Fellow, I would subdew the neck a bit its too hot; also eliminate or clone out the white ball flair at the bottom of the crane.. Otherwise, its good...

Congrats...

Gus...:D

Alfred Forns
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I like it a lot Oscar Lee got the species right !!!

You did a great Job with the bg Not easy at the place they hand out You might duplicate the layer and multiply for getting some more detail in the whites but don't look bad at all !!! I like it a lot!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestion. There is only one small detail that you guys don't know about, and that is that I know nothing about photoshop to do the things you guys are suggesting. Actually I just purchased it a week ago and I would like to take some classes.
Regards,

LeeOtsubo
03-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Oscar and other PS newbies,
I've been thinking of offering a PS or PSE demo using my Webcast system. If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to accommodate up to 15 members at a time.

Webcast is basically a video conference via the Internet. We all sign in at the same time and I share my desktop so everyone can see what I'm doing. All you need is a PC or Mac with speakers, a standard web browser (MS IE, FireFox, Safari) and high-speed Internet. If there's a real PS guru on hand, I can hand over control of the screen to him/her and let that person show their techniques.

You can see a recorded demo of a Webcast here (http://www.instantpresenter.com/LeeOtsubo/E959DA8689). Click on the left side of the screen where it says 2:47 Screen Sharing. That will bypass all the initial PowerPoint slides.

If we get interest from 5-10 members, I'll send a PM to everyone with a few suggested dates and times. Let me know if you're interested.

Oscar Zangroniz
03-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Thank you Lee, I just watched your web cast. I'm all for it, so if more people are interested you can count me in.
Thank you very much,
Regards,

Katie Rupp
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm also at a loss, so count me in and thanks!

William Malacarne
03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Lee, I just looked at your web cast and think it is something I could really get some benefit from. I'm more than willing to give it a try if you have enough people to do it.

Thanks
Bill

LeeOtsubo
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
On Wednesday 3/19 at 6:30PM Pacific Time, I'll conduct a short (30 minute) tutorial via Webcast (online video conferencing). The original intent was to do it for Photoshop CS2 but there was more interest in a tutorial I did last week using PSE.

At 6:25, click on this link (http://www.instantpresenter.com/LeeOtsubo4) and follow the instructions to log in. You will need a PC or Mac with speakers and a standard browser (MS IE, Firefox, Safari) connected via high-speed Internet. I have room for 14 participants.

I'll repeat a demo I did last week, editing the left image to produce the right image in four steps: Crop, Levels Adjustment Layer, Simulate Depth of Field and Sharpen. The most complex step is the fake DoF. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being easiest, this is about a 2.