PDA

View Full Version : Mums in a Vase - Sepia

Anita Bower
11-18-2010, 05:10 AM
I began with an image to which I had added texture layers which you can see here (http://anitabower.aminus3.com/image/2010-11-15.html). I flattened all the layers, dodged a few areas, used Hue/Saturation adjustment with "colorize" checked to get the tone I wanted, upped contrast.

C & C always appreciated.

Jay Sheinfield
11-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi Anita,

Classic comp, and, I like the textures. The sepia toning fits this image just great. I really like this image, and I could also see a bit off the top and right, since I'm a close crop type. Again, that's personal preference.

Dave Woeller
11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Absolutely stunning image Anita. I have little to no experience with textures, but you guys are driving me to them in a hurry. ;) I love the composition, tone and feel if this.

Hazel Grant
11-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Looks like one of Christopher's "old" techniques on a more modern subject. Well done! It is slightly off-center, too, which gives it a good position in comp. The vase fades into the background which gives the focus on the flowers where it should be.

Anita Bower
11-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi Anita,

Classic comp, and, I like the textures. The sepia toning fits this image just great. I really like this image, and I could also see a bit off the top and right, since I'm a close crop type. Again, that's personal preference.

Thanks! After I finished all the textures and layers work, I, too, thought of taking some off the top. But, some of the textures had darker edges and i didn't feel up to redoing it. :-)

Anita Bower
11-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Absolutely stunning image Anita. I have little to no experience with textures, but you guys are driving me to them in a hurry. ;) I love the composition, tone and feel if this.

Thank you. Textures can be a lot of fun!

Indranil Sircar
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Another of your outstanding composition, Anita. I really like your choice of texture for this image. TFS.

Mark Fuge
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Very nice image and application, Anita.

I might tone tone down the swirls in the LLC a little, if it were mine. But ... as they say ... :D

Nancy Bell
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Anita, you have a wonderful soft and graceful touch, and a very creative eye. This is a joy to look at.

Judy Howle
11-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Nice work Anita! I like the textures.

Anita Bower
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Very nice image and application, Anita.

I might tone tone down the swirls in the LLC a little, if it were mine. But ... as they say ... :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I see what you mean. Another pair of eyes is always helpful. :-)

Anita Bower
11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you all for comments!

Christopher Miller
11-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Stunning image, Anita! Very lovely antique feel to it! Great texture work and color toning. If you keep all the image layers intact, it should be a simple matter to adjust the crop. Just select all the texture layers and then use Edit>Transform>Scale. Not that I think this image needs any adjusting of the crop, I like it very much as is. :)

Anita Bower
11-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Stunning image, Anita! Very lovely antique feel to it! Great texture work and color toning. If you keep all the image layers intact, it should be a simple matter to adjust the crop. Just select all the texture layers and then use Edit>Transform>Scale. Not that I think this image needs any adjusting of the crop, I like it very much as is. :)

I'm delighted you like it.
I tried your suggestion for adjusting the crop, but, I'm doing something wrong. How do I select all the texture layers? :confused:

Christopher Miller
11-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I'm delighted you like it.
I tried your suggestion for adjusting the crop, but, I'm doing something wrong. How do I select all the texture layers? :confused:

Hold down the Ctrl key and click each of the texture layers.

Andrew McLachlan
11-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Anita, love the textures and tones in this one. Flowers are nicely arranged in the vase also. Well done!

denise ippolito
11-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Anita, I like the crop as is too but there are folks that do like tighter comps. Beautiful texture and lighting.

Anita Bower
11-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Hold down the Ctrl key and click each of the texture layers.
Thanks!! Very helpful. :-)