PDA

View Full Version : Merged Mergansers

Nonda Surratt
03-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I have one with wings down that I actually like better except the ones head is right on the other birds wing. What to do?If I wait till they un-merge they are out of range.:( This is a crop and I moved the crop all around and for some reason leaving the fame looked best to me? High point it wasn't many months ago that an attempt at Mergs in flight ended up a flat miss.
MIII,300f2.8+2xtc @ f7.1, ISO 400,1/1600, +2/3

As always thanks for the help!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Nonda:
Love how the soft blue sky and water blend one with the other. All around great shot, great focus.
Congrats!!!

Bruce Gove
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Hi Nonda,

Great image! I like the eyes and the contrast of the underside of the near bird's wing. Plust the light is great. The only thing I would have done differently is maybe crop so the birds are more to the right ( rule of thirds), and i might select the sky with the magic wand in PS and darken it a litlle. I'm pretty new at this, but that's my two cents!

Cheers,

Bruce Gove

Harold Davis
03-15-2008, 04:06 AM
hi nonda, great exposure!! i agree with bruce. i think a little contrast would darken the bg a little. i would not mess with the birds, they look great. good dof also. only wish they were flying towards you and not away from you.

Nonda Surratt
03-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Good morning and thanks..Much appreciate you 02 Bruce, the compliment Oscar. Will work on the water.

Harold, also working on the flying towards me, better than blurred Merg butts in the past:-)

Gus Cobos
03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Nonda,
Love the ducks the way they are.. It is what it is...:) I would just crop 1/4 from the right and add a little canvas to the left in the direction the ducks are flying. also i would add more contrast... Congrats, focus is sharp.

Gus Cobos...:cool:

Alfred Forns
03-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I like it a lot Nonda It does have a great feel and do love that bg !!!!

These guys in flight are difficult to get I rather get them before they start getting away from you Merges are always a problem and with these the only thing is being at the right angle and a fast motor drive !!!!! Big Congrats !!!

Nonda Surratt
03-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks Gus and Alfred.

Alfred the camera is certainly fast enough, the human needs work tho':)

Nonda Surratt
03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Bumped the sky up a bit.