PDA

View Full Version : Cooterville Cypress Foggy Sunrise

Dave Phillips
03-14-2008, 08:24 PM
About 20 miles south of my home in NW La is a spot in the road.........Cooterville along the banks of the Red River.
Here the highway is merely feet from water's edge. This morning the sun had a bright breakthrough
and the fog was nicely lit....not much compo though.

Overall saturation increase, Bigma @ 50mm, ISO 800

thanks for c/c

Paul Pagano
03-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Looks like it was an excellent morning.

Alfred Forns
03-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Love the feel Those pastel colors look great !!! Would love seeing in a wider ratio Maybe spanning several frames !!! Big Congrats !!!!

Judd Patterson
03-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes, the fog and light here are lovely. I agree with Alfred that more of the scene might be nice...such great scenery.

Robert Amoruso
03-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I too agree with Alfred on the wider view. For this image, I think you should crop some off the right as it is a bit light (weight - balance) compared to the left.

Mode and feel in the image with the light and fog is excellent.

Dave Phillips
03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
thanks for all the critique, much appreciated.

I reprocessed what I had in original frame and used all of the width.(will try for better balance on next one Robert, thanks)
Also processed a bit warmer, probably should have cloned bit of tree on right edge?

Bret Edge
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
The second version is an improvement. The subtle colors and graphic shapes of trunks and limbs is quite nice. I would suggest cropping to the right of the right-most tree to better balance the image. Nice work!