PDA

View Full Version : A Painted Church of Texas.

Jim Bridges
11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> This is the interior of St. Mary's Church of the Assumption in Praha, Texas built in 1895. Made with AF 24/2.8D on a tripod.

Dave Mills
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi Jim, nice interior with soft,even light. Compositionally I like the fact you offset the center aisle.
The image appears to need some CW rotation. You managed to get good detail but this is a situation where HDR might have even given you more detail and was worth a try...

Roman Kurywczak
11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Hey Jim,
Yep.....tough tonal range in 1 image....so Dave is correct in his assesment. I do think if you had gone vert to show more of the ceiling....even with falloof and perhaps a bit under on the exposure? You may be able to weak this one as I don't need to see through the windows in this case.....so try PP'ing this with a bit of under exposure and see what you can come up with! Nicely done with a tough exposure and comp!

Jim Bridges
11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks Dave and Roman! I use NX 2 for PP so no HDR is available but agree that a bit under exposure would be better...thanks for the help. These wonderful churches are fabulous but a bear to shoot. First thing is the only available light is from the windows so it's fairly dark inside. I did what I could do with just one lens with me (24 mm)...now that I know what to expect I'll be taking my 80-200 with me on the next trip...There is some great subjects to work on inside them too.

Robert Amoruso
11-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Jim,

I would try going to symmetry next time and place the tripod int he center of the aisle.