PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Ft. Myers, FL at night

John Hawkins
11-17-2010, 08:02 AM
This is the Sidney Berne Davis Art Center in downtown Ft. Myers, FL. The 2 lighted sculptures are by a Wash. DC artist Jim Sanborn. One has the names of Native American plants and the other is Florida plants in Latin. I used my Sony A700 with a Sigma 14mm lense on a tripod. Data=ISO 800, 15mm, 2 ev, f/2.8, 1/5 shutter. C&C's welcomed and thanks for looking.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
very nice, like the way the letters go around in a circle

Geoff Warnock
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Nicely captured!

For me the image seems to be leaning to the left. Did you run any distortion correction?

Dave Mills
11-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi John, I feel you did a good job with the exposure and the image is sharp. The projected letters give the image alot of interest. I also noticed the image appears leaning left. If it wasn't too busy right behind the palm trees I would of preferred seeing the whole tree....

John Hawkins
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys for your comments. Dave, I do have some with the tree but there are cars parked on street. I might be able to get one with the tree. I do think I have one from the opposite side looking this way. Dave and Geoff, The sidewalk does slope left. you can see this by the cement slab holding the cylinder.

Sid Garige
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Brilliant image John. Very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey John,
Pretty cool! I'm with Dave on the tree trunk.....but I also see why in your explanation so perhaps 2 steps back and to the left so you would aim more right? Just something to try out as this is very nicely done!

Tim Munsey
11-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Ah, now I understand! TFS

Tim

Bill Randall
11-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Gives me a dizzy feeling. Good exposure and comp. I think you can position to get the tree out next time you shoot it. You might get there by cropping a little from the left and removing upper portions of the tree with the cloning tool or one of the others since the upper parts of the tree are surrounded by darkness.

Katherine Enns
11-24-2010, 07:09 PM
All that latin swirling around, gives a botanist the cold sweats! :p Nice image, and very interesting. One doesnt see this in an image every day.